|This article describes a feature available on Dropbox Sign Essentials, Standard and Premium plans.|
You can replace the signer on a pending signature request if a signer is no longer available or valid. You can only do this after the request is sent and as long as no one has signed. If you’d like to make changes to a signature request that’s already been signed by someone, we recommend duplicating the request, making your desired changes, and then deleting the original request.
Note: all changes will be reflected in the audit trail of the document.
Everyone can edit their own pending signature requests. However, admins can also edit pending signature requests sent by team members. Find out more about which roles can replace signers on pending signature requests.
How to edit and replace signers
- Sign in to hellosign.com
- Click Documents in the left sidebar.
- Click ⁝ (vertical ellipsis) next to the signature request you’d like to replace signers for.
- Click Edit signers.
- You can only edit signers if no one has signed yet.
- Click the drop-down next to the signer you’d like to replace, then click Replace.
- Enter the name and email address of the new signer.
- You can’t edit the authentication method or signer settings for pending signature requests.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for any other signers you’d like to replace.
- Click Save.
The previous signer will receive an email notification that says the document no longer needs their signature. They will also no longer have access to the document via the link they were sent.
The new signer will receive an email requesting their signature.