How does HelloSign work with Dropbox?
When you send out documents for signature, they will sync back and be saved in your Dropbox – both sent and completed documents.
To set up the integrations, follow the steps below:
- Hover your cursor over your email address in the upper right-hand corner, and click on “My settings” from the drop-down.
- Click on the “Integrations” tab.
Note: Integrations can also be accessed using the link on the left-hand side of your homepage:
- Find “Dropbox” and click the “Activate” button to the right. After activating the sync, you’ll be asked to log in to Dropbox and allow HelloSign access.
Using the Dropbox integration:
Now you’re able to upload documents directly from Dropbox when creating a signature request by doing the following:
- Click “Sign document” on the left-hand side navigation.
- Click the Dropbox icon under to bring up a window with all of your Dropbox documents. Then, select the one that you’d like to upload.
Finding your documents:
Finally, once the integration has been activated, a HelloSign folder will be created in your Dropbox account which will contain the following subfolders:
Received: documents that have been emailed/CCed to you
Requested signatures: requests that you have sent for signature
Sent: self-signed docs
Signed and returned by you: requests sent to you that you have signed
*Please note that only documents completed after activation will sync. This integration does not work retroactively.
For Enterprise+ users:
- Organisation admins will have the ability to retroactively sync all documents and folders for the entire team.
- Choose one Organisation admin to set up the integration with their Dropbox account.
- Share team folders with the individual team admins who should have access to their documents. You can add new admins to the Dropbox shared folders or any other colleagues who should have access to documents within specific teams (they don’t need to have a HelloSign account).
- When you rename a team, a new folder with the new team will be created in your Dropbox account. Copy all documents from the folder with the outdated team name into the new folder where all future documents will be synced.
- Organisation admins can unlink and change the admin account used for syncing. We recommend doing this when users are being replaced.
Enterprise+ users can learn more here.