Note: although you are capturing an image of your signature with your smartphone, be sure to complete the steps using your laptop or desktop. This is due to the last step (cropping your signature) only being possible on a laptop or desktop device.
You will not be able to crop and properly size your signature image on a smartphone.
The smartphone option is supported by all models and operating systems. You need to be able to take a photo with your phone and then email that photo from your phone.
1. Take a picture of your signature on your smartphone.
If you do not know how to add or change a signature, please follow the instructions in the “How do I edit my signature?” FAQ article.
2. Once you have the “Create signature” window open with four signature options, choose smartphone.
3. You will see a window with instructions and a unique subject code. From your phone, email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the unique code in the subject line. Make sure that it is typed correctly, and send.
4. On your HelloSign screen, click “Continue”.
5. On the editor screen, you can adjust your signature image contrast and rotate it. You should also make sure that you crop your signature image to ensure correct sizing.