|Templates are available to Dropbox Sign users on Essentials, Standard and Premium plans. The number of templates and template links you can have depends on which plan you have.|
Templates allow you to set up a document once and use it to create multiple signature requests without having to format the document each time.
To create a template:
- Sign in to hellosign.com.
- Click Templates in the left sidebar.
- Click Create template in the top-right corner.
- Select the document(s) you’d like to add to your template.
- To add files from your computer, click Upload file and follow the prompts, or drag and drop files where it says Drag and drop files here.
- To add files from a third-party application, click the icon for the application where your files are located and follow the prompts.
- Once you’ve added all your files, click Next.
- Add signer roles. For example, if you’re creating a template for a sales agreement, you may want to add two roles - a “Buyer” and a “Seller”.
- Click Next.
- Click and drag the fields you’d like to add from the left sidebar to your document. Find out more about using the Dropbox Sign editor.
- Note: if there’s information that will vary each time a sender uses a template, you can assign the sender a merge field in the document.
- Click Preview in the top left corner to preview your signature request, then click the dropdown above the preview to choose the view you’d like to see.
- Note: you can only preview on hellosign.com
- Click Edit to go back.
- Once you’ve added all your fields, click Next.
- Add a template title. If you’d like, you can also add CC recipients and a default message for signers as well.
- Click Save template.
Article is closed for comments.