Sometimes there is information that the sender of a template will know prior to sending; however, it will vary for each request. For example: the name of the signer. To fill in these particular fields prior to sending, you’ll need to use ‘merge fields’.
- First, begin setting up your template the way you normally would.
- Select a text field and place it on the document where the details you fill in will go when you send the template out.
- Then select ‘Sender’ for the text fields that you’d like to fill in before sending out to each signer.
- Make sure that you fill in the ‘Merge field’ to describe what text goes in that particular field. This is a required field. The field will contain default text. It’s important to fill this field in so that the senders will know what information they will need to provide.
- When a sender goes to use the template, they will be prompted to fill in this information.