After you’ve selected your documents and added your signers, the next step in the signature request process is preparing your document using the HelloSign editor.
There are three main areas of the HelloSign editor:
- On the left side of the page, you’ll see all the fields you can add to your document. Learn more about the types of fields you can add to your document.
- On the right side of the page, you’ll see a thumbnail view of your document. Or, if you click a field on your document, you’ll see options to customise that field.
- Along the top of the page, you’ll see options to zoom in or out of your document, undo or redo your last action, copy and paste fields, and view keyboard shortcuts.
Add, delete, move or resize fields in your document
- To add a field, click and drag a field from the left sidebar to your document.
- To delete a field, click that field on your document and then click the trash icon in the right sidebar.
- To move a field, click that field on your document and drag it to a new location. Learn how to align fields on a document.
- To resize a field, click that field on your document and then click and drag one of the corners of the field.
Customise fields in your document
Depending on the type of field you select, you’ll see different options to customise that field in the right sidebar, including who the field is assigned to, whether or not the field is required, and the name of the field. Certain HelloSign plans also have access to additional customisations like conditional logic, data validation and masking.
Add, delete or replace pages in your document
- To add a page, click + (plus sign) next to Documents in the right sidebar, and follow the prompts to upload a new page.
- To delete a page, click ⁝ (vertical ellipsis) next to the page you’d like to delete in the right sidebar and click Delete.
- To replace a page, click ⁝ (vertical ellipsis) next to the page you’d like to replace in the right sidebar, click Replace, and follow the prompts to upload a replacement page.
Note: if you don’t see the thumbnail view of your document in the right sidebar, make sure there are no fields selected in your document.
Preview your document
To preview what signers will see when they open your document, click Preview in the upper left-hand corner.