HelloSign supports HIPAA compliance for customers who are on an annual Standard or Premium plan, have a signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and meet the minimum contract value.
How to enable HIPAA compliance
- If you’re an existing HelloSign user and you have an account manager, please contact them directly to learn more about HelloSign and HIPAA compliance.
- If you’re an existing HelloSign user and you don’t have an account manager, or if you’re a prospective user, fill in our sales contact form to speak with a member of our sales team about HelloSign and HIPAA compliance.
What happens after you enable HIPAA compliance?
After you enable HIPAA compliance, you and members of your team will no longer be able to CC people on signature requests, receive PDF copies of signed documents via email or edit a document’s title and message.
Note: admins can re-enable the ability to edit a document’s title and message for their team from the admin console.
To do this:
- Sign in to hellosign.com with your admin credentials.
- Hover over your initials in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Admin console.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Click Signature requests.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Document title and select Each user.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Email message and select Each user.
- Click Save settings.