If you feel a signature request needs an extra layer of security, you can turn on Signer Access Codes. This feature lets you create a unique passcode for the signer to access a document. The code can be something unique or a shared knowledge, like a zip code or the last digits of an employee ID number. The signer will have to enter their access code before viewing the document.
How to turn on Signer Access Codes
1. Sign in to hellosign.com.
2. Click the account menu circle at the top right.
3. Click Admin Console.
4. Click Settings in the left side bar.
5. Click Signature requests.
6. Toggle Signer authentication on.
7. Check the box next to Custom access codes.
8. Click Save settings.
How to Use Signer Access Codes on documents
1. Click Sign Documents.
2. Click Upload file.
3. Choose the file you want to upload.
4. Click Open.
5. Click Next to add signers.
6. Fill in the name and email address of your signer.
7. Click "⁝" (vertical ellipsis) in the upper right of the Add Signers box.
8. Choose Access code under Authentication method.
9. Enter an access code under Code (case sensitive).
- Note: You can create a unique code for each signer and share it with them outside of Dropbox Sign or when you send it for signature.
1. Click Next.
2. Add fields for signatures on your document.
3. Click Next to review.
4. Add a title and optional message about the access code.
5. Click Send for signature.
Article is closed for comments.