Conditional logic allows you to create rules, or conditions, that change which fields appear on a document based on input from a signer. For example, you could use conditional logic to set up your form so that if a signer checks a checkbox, a dropdown field will appear. You can add conditional logic to uploaded PDFs, templates, and newly created forms.
Before you create a conditional logic rule, you’ll need to choose a trigger field and selected fields.
How to create a conditional logic rule
To create a conditional logic rule:
- Sign in to Dropbox Forms.
- Open the uploaded form, template, or new form you’re working on.
- Hover over the field where you’d like to add conditional logic.
- Click the “+” (plus sign).
- Click Conditional Rule.
- Click Add a component to this condition.
- Click the dropdown next to If… and select a condition for your logic rule.
- Click anywhere on the screen to close the component editing window.
- Conditional rules will only be applied to form components above the conditional field.
- You can only have one trigger field per conditional logic rule, but you can have multiple selected fields. For example, you can't create a rule that says if a signer checks a checkbox and clicks a radio button, display a dropdown field. But, you can create a rule that says if a signer checks a checkbox, display a radio button and a dropdown field.
- You can use the same trigger field to create multiple conditional logic rules, but you can’t use the same selected field in more than one conditional logic rule.