Conditional logic allows you to create rules, or conditions, that change which fields appear on a document based on input from a signer. For example, you could use conditional logic to set up your form so that if a signer checks a checkbox, a dropdown field will appear. You can add conditional logic to uploaded PDFs, templates, and newly created forms.
Before you create a conditional logic rule, you’ll need to choose a trigger field and selected fields.
Learn more about trigger fields.
How to create a conditional logic rule
To create a conditional logic rule:
- Sign in to Dropbox Forms.
- Open the uploaded form, template, or new form you’re working on.
- Hover over the field where you’d like to add conditional logic.
- Click the “+” (plus sign).
- Click Conditional Rule.
- Click Add a component to this condition.
- Click the dropdown next to If… and select a condition for your logic rule.
- Click anywhere on the screen to close the component editing window.
- Conditional rules will only be applied to form components above the conditional field.
- You can only have one trigger field per conditional logic rule, but you can have multiple selected fields. For example, you can't create a rule that says if a signer checks a checkbox and clicks a radio button, display a dropdown field. But, you can create a rule that says if a signer checks a checkbox, display a radio button and a dropdown field.
- You can use the same trigger field to create multiple conditional logic rules, but you can’t use the same selected field in more than one conditional logic rule.
Article is closed for comments.