If you’re on a paid Dropbox Sign plan, you can add an expiration date and time to your initial and pending signature requests. You can also edit all aspects of your pending requests. Learn how to edit your pending requests.
To add an expiration date and time:
- to hellosign.com.
- Click Documents in the left sidebar.
- Click “…” (ellipsis) on the document you’d like to edit the expiration date and time for.
- Click Add expiration date.
- Select Expiration date from the dropdown menu.
In the Edit expiration date window that appears:
- Note: Your selected date must be more than 24 hours from the current date and time and within 90 days.
- To add a date, click the calendar icon and use the date picker to select a date for the request to expire.
- To add a time, click the clock icon and select a time from the dropdown menu for the expiration time.
- Click Save.
The signer will receive an email letting them know their signature is requested by the expiration date and time you entered.
Notes for expiration date feature:
- Signers will receive an email letting them know their signature is requested by the expiration date you enter.
- When a signer opens your request, the expiration date and time will be displayed in a banner at the top of your document in their localized time zone.
- Once the request is sent, you can see the expiration date in the View info panel on the Documents page.
The sender must include an expiration date with a specified timezone. If the signer doesn't have an account with a set timezone, the default timezone will be PDT.
- Example: If the sender sets the expiration date to January 1 at 5:00 PM ET, the expiration date will be displayed to the signer as January 1 at 2:00 PM PDT if they aren't signed in to an account with a set timezone.
- Signature request reminder emails will be sent to signers 3 and 7 days before the signature request expires.