|This article is only for customers using the prep-and-send version of Dropbox Sign from October 25, 2022 or earlier.|
You can test upcoming Dropbox Sign features with the Dropbox Sign API pre-rebranded prep-and-send editor. These features can be activated and deactivated on your account, so you can test new features without any interruption to your existing workflows.
- Embedded URL method
- Feature endpoint method
How to test upcoming features with the embedded URL method
Append the following string to the end of the claim_url:
- Use the claim_url as usual. This will load the new design in the embedded window.
- Note: Omitting &feature=editor-v2 will load the old design in the embedded window.
How to test upcoming features with the feature endpoint method
- Send a PUT request to https://api.hellosign.com/v3/feature, with the following body:
- This will activate the new design for 30 minutes. If a longer session is needed, there is an optional minutes_active field which can manually set the number of minutes that the new design will be active.
- When obtaining a claim_url, the requester_email_address must be the account which activated the feature on the endpoint.
- The design will switch back to the old design either when the timer runs out, or if the activated field of the endpoint is set to false.