Two-Factor authentication (2FA) is a premium HelloSign feature available on paid subscriptions, that gives you an extra layer of security when logging into HelloSign.com. When a sender enables Two-Factor authentication, they will be prompted to enter a unique code sent to their mobile phones before logging into HelloSign. To set up 2-Factor Authentication follow the steps below:
- Sign in, find, and hover over your email address in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings in the menu that pops up.
- Click on the Profile tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to 2-Factor Authentication and then click inside the box to enter your mobile phone number, then click Verify. You will then be sent an SMS message with a phone verification code.
- You will be prompted to enter your phone verification code. After entering this, click Submit.
- If the code matches, you will get a confirmation message that your 2-factor authentication is now active. You will also be given a one-time backup code that you can use just in case you don't have your phone or the authentication message does not reach you. Save this code and keep it in a secure place. Your 2-factor authentication has now been activated and will be valid for 30 days.
To disable or change the number that is set as your 2FA, you can disable the setting and enter a new number by going to your Settings > Profile > 2-Factor Authentication