The audit trail is an important part of how HelloSign identifies that your signer is who they say they are, and it's part of what makes HelloSign legal. For this reason, it can’t be turned off altogether.
However, if you’re on a HelloSign team plan, you can configure your account so the audit trail is not attached to the signed document, and is returned to you as a separate file instead.
To separate the audit trail:
- Sign in to your account.
- Hover over your email address in the upper-right corner.
- Select My Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Standard Features tab and scroll to the Preferences section.
- Click the Enable checkbox next to Do not merge signed documents.
- Click Save to save your changes.
When a document is returned to you and you download it from the documents page, the document itself and the audit trail will download as two separate PDFs.
Note: This only applies to downloading the document PDF in our app—it does not remove the audit trail from the document for others who are part of the signature request process, including those who receive a final PDF copy when the document is complete.