HelloSign supports 3 types of signatures. You can choose which types you’ll accept on your signature requests.
- Signature drawn with a touchpad or mouse
- Typed signature
- Uploaded image of signature
When a recipient signs your document, they’ll only see the signature options you've selected on your Settings page.
How to choose signature types
- Sign in to your account.
- Hover over your email address in the upper-right corner.
- Select My Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Team tab and scroll to Preferences.
- Next to Accepted signature types, click the checkboxes for the types you prefer. You can choose any or all types of signatures.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Your settings won’t apply to existing HelloSign customers who have saved signatures in their account. In these instances, a signer can use any of their saved signatures, even if they’re different from the types you selected.
- For HelloSign users (requestors or signers) who have their language set to Japanese or have data residency set to JA, HelloSign now supports colored signatures to enable the use of Hanko and other personal stamps. In earlier versions of HelloSign, uploaded images were converted to black and white.