How do I send a fax through email?
Our paid users are welcome to send faxes straight from their email inbox. Here's how to use our email-to-fax system:
- Compose a new email and attach the document you wish to fax.
- It's not required, but if you'd like to add a cover page, text entered in the “subject” line of your email will become the “To” portion of your cover page. Text entered in the body of your email will become the message of your cover page. Note: it is not possible to include a "From" field when utilizing the email to fax feature.
- If you're sending the fax to a U.S. number, enter 1 and the ten digit fax number @hellofax.com, like so: email@example.com
For international faxes, you will need to enter the number in the following order: 00 followed by the destination country code, and then the fax firstname.lastname@example.org, like so: email@example.com.
- Even if you are located in a country outside of the US and are faxing to your own country, you still need to enter the number in this format.
- Using a mail service like SendGrid or MailGun will only work if you can configure the smtp.mailfrom to be from an address on your faxing account. Often, these services allow you to change the from address but not the smtp.mailfrom address.
You must have an active paid HelloFax subscription to use this feature, whether it is your account, you are the admin on a team account, or a team member.