If you have a paidFax subscription, you can use your email to send faxes through Fax.
Note: You must have a paid, active Dropbox Fax subscription to use this feature. Learn more about . Fax plans
To send a fax from your email:
- Open a new email.
- In the “To” field, add the recipient’s fax number with no spaces or special characters, followed by “@hellofax.com”.
- To send the fax to a US number, add 1 to the beginning of the fax number. For example, “email@example.com”.
- To send the fax to a non-US number, add 00 and the destination country code to the beginning of the fax number. For example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Add a subject line. This appears in the “To” field on the fax cover page.
- Add body text to your email. This becomes the message on the cover page, but it’s not required.
- Attach the document you want to fax.
- Click Send.
You can also use authentication to make your fax more secure. To do so:
- Sign in to hellofax.com.
- Hover over your initials in the top-right corner.
- Click My Settings > Profile.
- Scroll down to “Email Authentication”. You can check the box next to “Sender Policy Framework (SPF)”, “DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)”, or both.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.