Embedded Requesting allows your users to setup and send signature requests within an iFrame embedded on your site. You can set these signature requests for embedded signing as well.
Embedded Signing allows your users to sign documents within an iFrame embedded on your site.
Be sure to use the Embedded Testing Tool available to see how the iFrame should behave!
This FAQ article will run through the steps and endpoints needed to implement both workflows into your site.
1. Create an Unclaimed Draft (this example is with an uploaded file)
- With an uploaded file: Create Embedded Unclaimed Draft; OR
- With a Template: Create Embedded Unclaimed Draft with Template
curl 'https://api.hellosign.com/v3/unclaimed_draft/create_embedded' \
-u 'API KEY:' \
-F 'client_id=CLIENT ID' \
-F 'file=@Sample.pdf' \
-F 'firstname.lastname@example.org' \
-F 'is_for_embedded_signing=1' \
Be sure to set the parameter
is_for_embedded_signing to true. This indicates if the Unclaimed Draft will be for embedded signing.
2. Example response object from #1:
3. Save the signature_request_id from #2 - you'll need it later!
4. Open the claim_url from #2 within the iFrame by calling the HelloSign.open() method with url parameter set as the claim_url. Be sure to use the same client_id you used in #1.
5. Your user completes the document setup in the iFrame and sends it to the signers.
6. When you receive the signature_request_sent callback event, use the signature_request_id you saved in #3 in the Get Signature Request endpoint. See our Callbacks Walkthrough for more information on handling these events.
7. Save the signature_id from the Get Signature Request response for the signer(s). The signature_id is unique to each signer on the document. Not to be confused with the signature_request_id, which is the unique identifier for the entire signature request.
8. Use the signature_id from #7 in the Get Embedded Sign URL endpoint.
9. From the response object in #8, open the sign_url returned in the iFrame. The signer who opens this URL in the iFrame is able to complete the document.