New features available
- Merge data (custom_fields) and form_fields_per_document can now be optionally editable by the signer - The use case is that the API sender can provide default text in the text components, but may or may not want it editable by the signer. Please see the public API documentation for details on how to use this feature
- Bulk send for the API - We now support sending signature requests in bulk from a template. By using the POST /signature_request/bulk_send_with_template endpoint in conjunction with a CSV file with the signers' information we can send up to 250 signature requests in a single call. Each of the signatories in a bulk send call will count agains the user's quota. Please see the public API documentation for more details on this new API offering. Available on Gold API and above.
- Client-side event when a signature request gets re-assigned - We now send a front-end event to the parent window when an embedded signature request gets reassigned. This should make it easier for API customers to take custom actions when an embedded signature request is re-assigned
- Editable merge fields with our embedded unclaimed draft flows - Our embedded unclaimed draft flows will now accept editable merge fields as an option (using the custom_fields API parameter). Please see the public API documentation for details on how to use this feature.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Merge data (custom_fields) can now be referenced by API ID when using form_fields_per_document - Previously you had to use the "label" for the field when pre-populating with the custom_fields and form_fields_per_document param and could not use the API ID. This was assessed to be a bug and is now fixed
- Requester_email_address now available in the edit and resend endpoint. Previously when doing an embedded edit & resend we would not honor a new requester_email_address. This was assessed to be a bug and is now fixed.
- Appended signature page now being updated with signer reassignment - We fixed a bug where the appended signature page was not being updated to the new signer when a signature request was reassigned. This is now fixed although note that due to legal reasons we cannot support signer reassignment with more than 1 signer if an appended signature page is used.
- Miscellaneous fixes to improve performance, stability, etc.