Dropbox Sign provides 2-Factor authentication for our paid subscriptions using SMS but all users have the ability to set up 2-Factor using Google Authenticator. Before you get started, if you don't already have the app, you will need to download Google's Authenticator from either iTunes or the Google Play store. Once you have the app follow the steps below.
- Hover over your email address in the upper righthand corner of any screen in your account and click on Settings.
- Click on the Profile tab of the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION section and click on Enable next to Google Authenticator.
- A pop up window will appear with the barcode you'll need to scan. Open the Google Authenticator in your phone to scan the barcode.
- Once scanned enter in the code which has been populated in your app and click verify. You will be given a one time code as a back up, please keep this in a safe place where you'll be able to locate it needed.
*This feature is available to all users.
Article is closed for comments.