With bulk send, you can send signature requests to up to 250 people at a time.
Bulk send is available
To send a bulk request:
- Sign in to hellosign.com.
- Click Bulk send in the left sidebar.
- Click Add template.
- Click the template you’d like to use.
- Note: You can only use templates with a single signer for bulk requests.
- Click Next.
- Click Upload CSV, and add your CSV file.
- Note: If you don’t already have a CSV file prepared, you can click CSV template to download a CSV template that’s automatically formatted based on the template you selected in step 4.
- Click Next.
- Under Message to signers, add a document title and message.
- Click Send for signature.
You’ll receive an email confirming that the request was sent, and all signers will receive an email asking them to sign the document.
FAQs about bulk requests
How can I check the status of or download a bulk signature request?
How should I format my CSV file?
Your CSV file can contain as many columns of data as you’d like, but it must include at least a signers’ names column (labeled “name” in the header row) and a signers’ emails column (labeled “email_address” in the header row). The header rows in your CSV file must be the same as the merge fields in your template plus “_field”. For example, if the merge field is “name” in your template, the corresponding header row in your CSV file should be “name_field”.
Why am I getting an error message when I upload my CSV file?
If you get an error message when you upload your CSV file or special characters are replaced, your file may be encoded or formatted incorrectly. To ensure your CSV file is encoded and formatted correctly, save your CSV file as a UTF-8 encoded file, or use the CSV template that you can download when you get to step 6 in the instruction set above.