It is always best practice to test in a sandbox. This includes testings apps such as HelloSign for Salesforce. Once you have properly tested and verified functionality is working correctly there are a few steps to migrate functionality from a sandbox to your production environment. To complete this migration follow the steps below:
STEPS to Connect to Production
- Disconnect HelloSign account from Sandbox in HelloSign settings
- Connect HelloSign account to Salesforce production environment
- Assign permission sets and modify page layouts either manually or via a change set from your sandbox.
STEPS to Transfer HelloSign Templates
- Use a Salesforce export tool to pull the HelloSign Template records (HelloSign__Template__c) from your sandbox that you want in production.
- Use a Salesforce export tool to pull the HelloSign Signer Role records (HelloSign__SignerRole__c) from your sandbox that lookup to the templates you are migrating.
- Insert the HelloSign Template records into production.
- Inserting HelloSign Template records will create a success csv file which contains the newly inserted record IDs.
- On your HelloSign Signer Role export file replace the HelloSign Template lookup ID filed with the record IDs on the success csv file. A vlookup formula using the sandbox record IDs will allow you to map the new ids to the correct records.
- Insert the HelloSign Signer Role records (with newly mapped Template lookup IDs) into production.