If you have an approved embedded signing flow or are interested in testing embedded signing, embedded templates, or embedded requesting, you will need an API key and a client_id.
The API key is a unique identifier used to authenticate a user with our API, and the client_id signifies a specific API app within HelloSign. (This article covers how to find/create your API key.)
(Non-embedded signing can also use a client_id, but this does not need to be approved in an app approval process. More about non-embedded signing here.)
Creating a client_id
- Navigate to your API Settings page here. Double-check that you have already created an API key (you'll know this is done if there is an option to Reveal Key or Renew Key).
- Click "Create" next to API Apps. Screenshot below:
- Fill out the page with your API app details.
- Make sure to make note of the client_id as you begin to work with our API!
Finding your client_id
- Navigate to your API Settings page here.
- The page should look something like this:
- Copy & paste the client_id you need from this page.
Some notes about client_ids:
- "Not Approved" means the signing flow can only be used in test_mode. Learn more about test_mode in our documentation here, and here.
- However, non-embedded signing flows do NOT need to be approved.
- If you're doing an embedded signing/templates/requesting flow, you'll need to go through an app approval process before going into production. More details about app approvals here.