Conditional logic allows users to add a 'if this, then that' flow to their signature requests. By using conditional logic requesters are able to make their signers experiences more personalized. There two groups of fields users will work with and need to keep in mind while setting up:
Trigger Fields - The fields which when the signer fills out will either show or hide additional fields. Fields which are able to be used as trigger fields are:
Checkbox (NOT Grouped)
Selected Fields - The fields which the user has selected to be shown and filled our or hidden based on the rule applied to the trigger field. Fields which are able to be used as selected fields:
Creating a Rule
When preparing their signature requests users will place their fields on the document then choose the trigger field they'd like to create the rule for. Then choose the selected fields from those already placed on the document. So it's important to remember all fields involved in the conditional logic rule about to be made need to already be placed on the document. To get started follow the steps below.
- Place both trigger fields and selected fields on the document.
- Click on the desired trigger field, in the righthand side editor menu under 'Conditional Logic' click on 'Create Rule'.
- The righthand side editor menu will now display, 'If the following is true...', follow the prompts depending on the type of trigger field selected. For example, if the trigger field is a check box the prompt will populate a drop down to select if the check box is checked or not checked.
For a textbox the prompt will populate a box for the users to enter in the text which will need to be entered to satisfy the rule.
- Once the rule of 'If the following is true' users will now need to select if they want to 'show' or 'hide' their desired selected fields. To select the fields to show or hide simply drag and drop over those fields, the system will highlight them as you are selecting them.
- Review the rule to ensure everything is correct then click done in the upper right corner.
When the signer fills out the trigger field with the proper information, checks the box, picks from the dropdown menu or selects the radio button with the rule applied to it then the select fields will either appear for the signer to fill out or be removed so the signer no longer needs to fill them out.