|Masked fields are available to Dropbox Sign users on a Premium plan.
If you need to request sensitive information from a signer, you can mask fields in a document to hide the signer's information.
Note: The only type of field you can mask is a text box.
Sections in this article:
How to mask a field
To mask a field:
- Sign in to hellosign.com.
- Navigate to the form you’d like to mask a field for.
- Click on the text box you’d like to mask.
- In the right sidebar, toggle Mask Typed Text to On.
- To remove a masked field, toggle Mask Typed Text to Off.
What masked fields look like
Masked fields will be replaced by asterisks (e.g. *****) in the following locations:
- On the signer page, except when the signer is directly editing that field
- On the final PDF copy that is sent to all parties
- This includes the requester, the signers, and any individuals who've been CC'd
- On the API Dashboard, under the Account Callback and App Callback tabs where the callback response is displayed
Note: If you‘d like us to mask the payload to your callback URL, follow the instructions below so your request is handled as quickly as possible.
How to request redacted values in the callback response objects
Your request will be picked up by a member of Dropbox Support who’ll reach out about your request on the email address you provided.
Article is closed for comments.