When using a template there are times when an additional one off document needs to be added for the signer to fill out at the same time. This isn’t a document which needs to be added as part of the regular template since it's not needed every time the template is used, nor is it a separate document requiring a separate signature flow. Template Append and Send allows users to do just this. The steps below outline just how to do this.
- Choose to use a template either from the template list or from the ‘Me and Others’ or ‘Just others’ requesting pages.
- Add the additional form by selecting from 'Add File', using a file sharing integration or a simple drag and drop into the area provided.
- Add in the signers' name and email address then click on 'Prepare doc for signing'
- Within the editor place the needed fields on the added one time document. Please note: The forms within the template itself will not be editable, the fields already on the documents will be greyed out and fields won't be able to be added to the template documents. Users will also not be able to remove documents or change any signer information such as adding or removing signers.
- Once editing has been completed click continue and proceed as normal to send your request.
The Signer Experience
Signers will receive one signature request in a seamless signing experience consisting of the pages in your template along with the pages in the document you appended.