To be able to send signature requests from HelloSign for Salesforce, one of the first steps is enabling the connection to HelloSign on the HelloSign Settings tab.
In this article, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to connect HelloSign for Salesforce, and a few common errors and possible steps to fix them.
How to connect HelloSign for Salesforce
First, please see here in this article for the requirements for the connected user on HelloSign and Salesforce.
It is important to note that all templates created and signature requests sent are handled by your connected user. We recommend that once you have gone live that you maintain the same connected user. Switching users will prevent open signature requests from being completed in Salesforce, and existing templates will be inaccessible.
1 - To connect to HelloSign, go to the "HelloSign Settings" tab.
2 - On the HelloSign settings tab, click on "Connect"
3 - Allow Access to the HelloSign integration
4 - If you are not already logged in at app.hellosign.com, you will see a login page. If you were previously logged in with the correct account, you will see this confirmation. Click on "Grant":
5 - If the connection was successful, you will see this message:
A few items to note:
- Only the system administrator needs to create the connection with HelloSign. Provisioning users is completed later in the process.
- Once connected and using HelloSign we recommend you not change the connected user as it will impact open signature requests and templates. Please contact our Support team to discuss options.
Troubleshooting connection errors on HelloSign for Salesforce
Here are some possible errors you might encounter, and possible solutions:
Salesforce is unable to connect to HelloSign.Please have your system administrator check the connection on the HelloSign Settings page.
If you are seeing this message after trying to send a signature request or when performing any other action on Salesforce, the system admin should try to reconnect on the HelloSign Settings tab, by clicking on the "Connect" button, and logging in with the same connected user as before.
Looks like an Unexpected error has occurred
- Please make sure the user you are trying to connect has the HelloSign_Admin permission set assigned. You can check the steps on how to do this here in our Admin Guide.
- If you have more than one user sharing the same email address on SFDC, please make sure to be logged in with the user that has the permission set assigned.
- Please make sure the user you are trying to connect has the HelloSign_Admin permission set assigned.
- This error can also happen if you are logged in AS the user you are trying to connect with. You must use the email and password login method on Salesforce and try connecting again.
- You can also check if you have access to all VisualForce pages, as this could be one of the causes for this error. Here in this help center article you can find the step-by-step on how to check this: https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030669932--Insufficient-Privileges-error-page
Sorry, your HelloSign account seems to be logged in with the wrong email address
- Please make sure you are logged in with the same email address on HelloSign as you are logged in with on Salesforce.
- If you still receive this error message after confirming the above, please try using an incognito/private browser in case there might be a session issue with the browser.
- Lastly, please check your email and username in the user profile settings in Salesforce, and please make sure there is nothing different in it like a space or upper case letters.
If after trying these steps, you are still unable to connect, please contact our support team here.