This article answers frequently asked questions about the upgraded HelloSign for HubSpot integration.
Sections in this article:
What’s new with the upgraded HelloSign for HubSpot integration?
With the upgraded integration:
- You’ll be able to send signature requests from Contact, Deal, and Company records in HubSpot.
- You’ll be able to create templates in HubSpot without needing to switch back to HelloSign.
- You’ll be able to add HubSpot properties to your HelloSign templates that will autofill documents with HubSpot record information.
Are there any other differences between the legacy integration and the upgraded integration?
You may experience differences based on your history with the integration.
- If you used the legacy integration in the past and uninstalled it, or if you are installing the integration for the first time, you’ll experience the following:
- You’ll only see signature request statuses in the HelloSign CRM card.
- Contact records won’t automatically be created for signers in your signature requests.
- If you’re using the legacy integration and choose to upgrade, you won’t lose any functionality.
Are there any differences between the HelloSign for HubSpot integration and hellosign.com?
Yes. The following features are unavailable in the HelloSign for HubSpot integration and can only be done on hellosign.com:
- Requesting attachments from signers.
- Tracking signature requests sent from hellosign.com.
- Sharing templates you’ve created with other team members.
- Creating template links.
- Editing templates.
- Sending signature requests in bulk.
- Adding files from a third-party application when creating a template or sending a signature request.
- (Premium customers only) Using variable signing.
What will happen to my data, documents, and templates in HubSpot when I upgrade?
Your data won’t be affected when you upgrade. All of your data related to your contacts, documents, templates, and pending signatures will stay saved and accessible in your HubSpot and HelloSign accounts.
What will happen to my outstanding signature requests when I upgrade?
Your outstanding signature requests won’t be affected when you upgrade. You’ll be able to view status updates for any outstanding signature requests in an individual contact’s activity feed.
How do I view signature request status updates with the upgraded integration?
You’ll be able to see the 3 most recent signature requests and their statuses in the HelloSign CRM card in HubSpot. You’ll need to view older signature requests in HelloSign.
What will happen to my templates that have merge fields from the legacy integration?
Will I be able to edit my templates in HelloSign for legacy templates when I upgrade?
Yes. However, you’ll need to manually type in your merge fields if you choose to edit templates in HelloSign. We recommend creating a new template in HubSpot using the upgraded integration so that you can drag and drop HubSpot properties to be autofilled.
After upgrading, can I create new templates using the legacy integration approach?
While you can use the legacy integration approach to create new templates, we recommend using the improved functionality of the upgraded integration. With the upgraded integration, you can easily search for merge fields to drag and drop into a new template.
Can I stay on my current HelloSign plan when I upgrade?
Depending on your current HelloSign plan, you may need to upgrade your plan before upgrading:
- If you’re on a Free plan, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid HelloSign or HelloSign API plan.
- If you’re already on a paid HelloSign plan, you won’t need to do anything and your plan will stay the same.
Do I need to be on the same HelloSign plan as the rest of my organization to use the upgraded integration?
- If you’re on the Essentials plan, you do not need to be on the same HelloSign plan as the rest of your organization to use the upgraded integration.
- If you or anyone in your organization is on the Standard or Premium plan, you'll all need to be on the same HelloSign team before you can use the upgraded integration.
Can I stay on my current HubSpot plan when I upgrade?
Your HubSpot plan can stay the same. No changes will be made if you upgrade.
Do I need to pay a fee to upgrade?
When will I be able to upgrade?
You’ll be able to upgrade starting May 19, 2022. We ask that you upgrade by August 19, 2022, as you’ll automatically be upgraded and we’ll no longer support the legacy version of the integration after that date.
How do I get the upgraded integration if I uninstalled the legacy integration in the past?
You can install the upgraded integration from the HelloSign app listing in the HubSpot marketplace.
How do I install the HelloSign app in HubSpot?
You can install the HelloSign app in HubSpot from the HelloSign app listing in the HubSpot App Marketplace. Learn how to install the HelloSign app in HubSpot and connect your accounts.
How do I upgrade?
Starting May 19, 2022, HelloSign customers can upgrade the HubSpot integration.
Note: If you're on a team that uses the HelloSign multi-teams feature, your HelloSign admin needs to upgrade before the rest of the team can.
To upgrade the integration:
- Sign in to app.hubspot.com.
- Navigate to a Contact record.
- Click Upgrade in the HelloSign CRM card in the right sidebar.
- Click Accept to reauthorize your HelloSign account.
- Click Connect app to reauthorize your HubSpot account.
- Refresh the HubSpot browser page.
Once you refresh the page, you and your team will see the upgraded HelloSign CRM card in HubSpot. Team members will need to go through a one-time authorization process by taking any action in the upgraded HelloSign CRM card.
Note: Once you upgrade the integration, you can't revert back to the legacy integration.