The feature in this article is only available in the upgraded Dropbox Sign for HubSpot integration.
The Dropbox Sign for HubSpot integration allows you to autofill Dropbox Sign templates with information from your HubSpot records using HubSpot properties. This article walks you through how to format your Dropbox Sign templates to enable autofilling HubSpot properties in signature requests.
Note: HubSpot properties are separate from the Dropbox Sign auto-fill fields available to you. You can use information from both sources in signature request templates.
How to use HubSpot properties in Dropbox Sign templates
To use HubSpot properties in your Dropbox Sign templates:
1. Sign in to app.hubspot.com.
2. Navigate to a Contact, Company, or Deal record.
- Note: Only HubSpot users with the appropriate object access will be able to use the integration from Contact, Deal, and Company records.
3. Click Actions in the Dropbox Sign CRM card.
4. Click Create template in the dropdown.
- Note: HubSpot properties are only available when you create a template. They’re not available if you send a one-time document.
5. Select the document(s) you’d like to add to your template.
- Click Upload file and follow the prompts, or drag and drop files where it says Drag and drop files here.
6. Once you’ve added all your files, click Next.
7. Add signer roles. For example, if you’re creating a template for a sales agreement, you may want to add two roles—a “Buyer” and a “Seller”.
8. Click Next.
9. Click the dropdown under Signer or data source in the upper left.
10. Select HubSpot in the dropdown.
11. Locate the property you’d like to use under the Top [object] properties section in the left sidebar.
- Note: You’ll only see properties for the object you’re creating the template from. For example, if you’re creating a template from a Company object, you’ll only see properties related to that Company object.
12. Click and drag that property onto your document where you’d like to autofill information.
- Note: The Dropbox Sign for HubSpot integration only supports these property field types:
13. Once you’ve added all your fields, click Next.
14. Add a template title. If you’d like, you can also add CC recipients and a default message for signers as well.
- Note: If you use a colon in your title, include a space after it. If there’s no space after the colon, the template title may cause issues.
15. Click Save template.
16. Click Return to HubSpot.
When you choose that template to send a signature request, any properties you added to the template will autofill with information from your HubSpot records.
Note: If you use a HubSpot property that displays a date and time in your signature request, that timestamp will reflect the time zone set in your HubSpot account settings.