1. To create a template, log into your HelloSign account and click on "Create template" in the left side navigation bar. Select the "Create Template" option on the left.
2. Upload the document you'll be using as a template.
3. Create the necessary signing roles if only one person needs to sign, then that is one role. Click +Role to add additional signers.
4. Click the prepare docs for signing button. This will open a preview window you can use to set up the form. Select the text, date, signature, or check box field at the top of the screen, and then click wherever you want that field to be placed on the form. You can drag the field around to reposition it.
If you need to fill in certain variable fields each time you use the template, you can do so with our merge fields feature.
5. Once you're finished, you can save the document, give it a title and click "Create Template."
Whenever you need to use the template, click on "Documents" in the left navigation and click
Templates to see all of your templates. Click the down arrow to the right of the template you want to use, and select "Use template."
Note: Templates are a premium feature, therefore only paid senders have access to them. Pro senders may use one template. Business teams may use anywhere from 5 to 20 templates, depending on their plan.
We also have a great blog post that further details template features: How to use HelloSign templates